Best New Song finalists announced
Now in its 10th year, we were thrilled to receive 124 entries for the 2017 Stiles + Drewe Prize for Best New Song. This morning we can announce our 12 finalists! All of these songs will be performed by students competing for the Sondheim Society Student Performer of the Year Award, at a gala at London's Noel Coward Theatre on Sunday 11th June.
To help us pick a winner, we will be joined by songwriter Dan Gillespie Sells (The Feeling and Everybody's Talking About Jamie) and actor Giles Terera (Honk!, Book of Mormon, Avenue Q and soon to appear as Aaron Burr in Hamilton at London's Victoria Palace Theatre)..
The finalists are (in alphabetical order by song title):
- Apology To A Child (Tom Slade)
- Brass (Benjamin Till)
- Doesn’t Mean He’ll Love Me (Youn Young Park & Susannah Pearse)
- Filament (Matt Finch & Melanie Lawman)
- Gerry And Me (Tom Lees & Claire Rivers)
- I’m A Dunce (Marc Folan & Carl Miller)
- My Favourite Guy (Graham Mercer)
- My Island (Chris Dickins & Tom Wright)
- The Matchmaker (Claire McKenzie & Scott Gilmour)
- Underneath (Chris Ash & Carl Miller)
- What’ll It Be? (Jim Barne & Kit Buchan)
- Work To Do (Ben Glasstone)