- The MTI Stiles + Drewe Mentorship Award - to provide developmental support to a writer or writing team with a first draft of a new musical. This is generously supported by Music Theatre International Europe.
- The Stiles + Drewe Prize for Best New Song - to recognise an outstanding song from a new musical.
- A fully funded, one week development retreat in France to work on the winning musical. You can read Ben Glasstone’s (current winner) blog from this year’s retreat here: https://benglasstone.wordpress.com
- Guaranteed free access to MMD’s monthly Advanced Writers’ Lab.
- Participation in two Progress Labs. In each of these, the Mentorship Award-winner will present a section of their musical and receive feedback from a panel of industry experts and MMD peers.
- Access to work shadowing opportunities – either on a Stiles + Drewe show or with alternative industry contacts (subject to availability and production schedules).
- After 12 months, the above culminates in rehearsal provision for a workshop with an industry showcase presentation at the end. This is with a professional cast, Director and MD.“This Award is something truly special…you will work harder and be more inspired than you have ever been before.” Darren Clark, The Wicker Husband (composer & lyricist), winner 2016.
“The Mentorship Award transformed our musical, unlocking its potential in ways we couldn’t have foreseen.” Rhys Clark, The Wicker Husband (book), winner 2016.
The Best New Song winner(s) will receive...
- £1000 to put towards developing their work.
- Song sung on a West End stage.
- All 12 finalists have access to a Feedback Lab, hosted by Stiles + Drewe at a later date. They are also invited to be audience members in the two Progress Labs for the Mentorship Award-winner.
You have until the 31st January 2018 to enter one or both! More information can be found on MMD's website: http://www.mercurymusicals.com